nissan or toyota?

The Camry has proven to be very reliable. It leaks oil, but after tightening the valve covers it doesn't leak too bad. Rings are just fine.

The V6 is not extremely powerful, but it is plenty, it is smooth, and it is quiet. Overall, the Camry drives like a Ford. We had 1996 LTD, 1989 Mustang and 1985 LTD. Yes, like those.

I was surprised to hear you got the Camry, especially after all the previous quotes and bombings in this danger zone! Lol

Glad you did. They're great cars, and preferably the 4cyl.

One thing I DO HATE with a passion on the late 80's to early 90's Camrys are the non- EASILY reclining seats!!!!!

No lever, but a pain in the butt slowly turning knob--- HATE THE THING!

OTHER THAN THAT, an alright car.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I have the valve cover gaskets. I bought them for my van a while back but now there is so many things wrong with my van I'm gonna junk it instead.

I have the valve cover gaskets. I bought them for my van a while back but now there is so many things wrong with my van I'm gonna junk it instead.

Most everything that you think is wrong is an easy fix. 

I'd gladly spend my days doing gravy on Sienna vans all day. 

• 3 weeks later...

Flatcat, You.re right, mostly easy fixes. Unfortunately there are so many problems I'm looking at over $800 for parts before even getting started.  It has been quite reliable though.