shocks for lowered wagon

benzo

hello all

I have a 71 wagon and I used 2" blocks to lower and I have tokicos but wanted to see if anyone is using a shock with a shorter body to compensate for the lowered height. also has anyone replaced the leaf spring bushings and what did they use. also can stock replacement bushings be attained still or can I use roadster parts.

thank you

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
hello all

I have a 71 wagon and I used 2" blocks to lower and I have tokicos but wanted to see if anyone is using a shock with a shorter body to compensate for the lowered height. also has anyone replaced the leaf spring bushings and what did they use. also can stock replacement bushings be attained still or can I use roadster parts.

thank you

If you blocked the car to lower it than the stock shock length is correct.

You haven't changed the distance between the body and lower shock mount. When using blocks you effectively raise the axle up towards the body with no other changes. If you de-arched your springs then you would need to run a different shock.

As far as roadster parts, they do not work in the 510 wagon. You will need to get some custom made or match them up at a spring shop or the parts store.

I had my rear body bushings machined out of urethane, then the front rubber isolated body to leaf mount replaced with a solid bracket modified to accept the roadster comp leaf springs. Because the roadster leafs are flat (de-arched) I had to run a different shock which turned out to be a 98 ford explorer front shock.

You however do not need to change your shocks.

Edited by vgwagon