coolant hose routing

Roz

I'm trying to figure out the hose routing for an engine compartment that I have never seen put together on a 72 510, so:

1. Does the heater hose from the firewall on the passenger side go to the elbow on the rear of the head/passenger side or to the lower radiator hose fitting?

2. The other heater hose goes to whatever one I didn't use for the first one I assume.

3. I have two lower radiator hose housings. One has a line that looks to go around the front of the motor and I'm guessing goes to the side of the thermostat housing, the other has the same line, but has another line that branches off of the metal line. My intake has no water passages, so do I just use the single line, or do I need this line at all?

Thanks for any help you can give me

Ross

coolantrouting.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The heater hoses can be swapped around and it will still work.. I suppose the hose from the head should go to the water valve and the outlet from the heater go back to the lower rad hose on the timing cover. Hot water weather flowing left to right or right to left is still hot water.

If you don't have the water passages on the intake just seal off that left over hose. Do NOT remove the line from the thermostat housing down to the lower rad hose inlet to the timing cover.

the diagram is correct what you have.

usually the metal line will go to the intake manifold which will be obvious.(should I assume you dont have this?) otherwise most of it would be self explainitory

on 510s there was 2 types. 1 where the loer stat housing goies to the metal water line and 1 dosnt have the this.

the Haynes maunual will have this

or my vid near the end will show this

http://vimeo.com/19077890