A Z24 head question...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an idea, do you have both an inner and outer spring?  I know the L uses a double spring setup, I think the Z24 does also.  It's possible the previous owner only put one set of springs in.

Wait, wait, I might have it here.  Does your chain tensioner have a spring in it?  I wonder if someone forgot the spring inside the tensioner?  That still doesn't explain why you can rotate the springs by hand.  You'd have to either have mis-adjusted the valve lash by adjusting them with the cam lobe hitting the cam follower or just missed the distance between the cam follower end and the top of the valve stem.  Or you have a cam that's worn down to beat poop.

No, everything is there, and done right. I had no problems with it before I had the valves ground. I'm just hoping it holds up until I can save up for ka swap. Anyone know how much a complete used head would go for? I'm hoping to find one for around $100, but I just don't see that happening -_-

We need some pictures, a Z24 head is worth about a plugged nickel.  I have one in my garage but shipping to Cali would be more than it's worth.  Give us some pics, something has to be seriously wrong to have the issues you're describing.  You're sure you're not working on a Chevy, right? ;)

We need some pictures, a Z24 head is worth about a plugged nickel.  I have one in my garage but shipping to Cali would be more than it's worth.  Give us some pics, something has to be seriously wrong to have the issues you're describing.  You're sure you're not working on a Chevy, right? ;)

I have at least 6 laying around. 2 single plug Z20. 2  X Z22 and 2 X Z24 not counting the running Z24 motor.

They are each worth about 20 pounds of aluminum minus the gas money to turn them in.