'79 B310 2 door sedan to be restored!

Evening folks, I'm new here, so I thought this would be a great start to meet some like-minded individuals and hopefully pick some brains along the way. I'm going to be looking for some pretty tough to locate parts in th coming weeks, most notably an instrument cluster(as much dash as you have actually) and bumpers, both front and rear.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, it was installed by the previous owner, gives it character nonetheless haha

It actually runs and drives decent, it seems the biggest issue so far is a new carb was installed and then ADJUSTED.... Trying to find the exact settings for the carb(stock hitachi) to reset to factory default. Throttle linkage appears to be rigged, not sure if a bracket is missing or how it should connect as there are very few photos of a stock a14 showing behind the carb/throttle linkage

• 2 weeks later...

Really? Well I managed to get everything adjusted, Chilton is awesome, but that float..... it's like a lawn mower or an atv, just a piece of metal and bend to adjust... have to tear to top back off to fix the over-adjusted float but otherwise she purrs until she floods.

I've been learning quite a bit these last few weeks, I have experience with small engines, and it's not much different, but certainly more convoluted.... also learning patience. The sight glass is awesome, and thank you for your input good sir. I've decided to go with the s13 swap, keep it stock for a nimble, fun, reliable daily driver. Besides that, possibly a ford rear end and a 300zx front suspension.

Any thoughts or suggestions?