engine mount brackets

micky

hi,

i had hard time searching for the engine mount brackets for an L18 into a 720 chassis without any luck.

I'm going to swap my m8z to fit an l18 into my 720 but can't find the correct parts.

info

nissan 720 (mexican model) original with m8z engine

new engine l18

searching for engine mounts and the engine mount brackets to sweet the l18 into the 720 chassis.

the 720's came stock with l18 in some years??

any info would be appreciated

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make your own brackets and frame mounts, any frame that came with a J18 is going to be totally different than are L20b 720 frames, as the J block has the mounts in the front, while the L block has them in the middle.

You might be able to buy the L18 engine brackets and motor mounts from a member on here, but you are still going to have to make the frame mount brackets.

Most late J-series engines had midblock mounts (my J16 has the midblock ones but used the front ones being it was in a 520).  But the frame mounts may still be different.

More likely, you could use mounts from a 1980 US-spec 720 that used the L20B.  They'd be the same as L18 ones, I suspect, but that won't help the welded part on the fram if it's different.