1976 620

Trashdatsun

So I woke up this morning and went to the truck to run errands, got in and the clutch pedal went to the floor as if it wasn't there.  I guess the slave cylinder commited seppeku while I was sleeping because when I parked it the night before... all seemed well. 

Strangely enough the local NAPA store had the part on hand and due to the holiday weekend, all parts were discounted.  Slave cylinder for the clutch... $8.95.... cheap version.  I bled the system as well as I could, being alone, but reverse is still a little hard to come by... anybody got an idea about this?... any tricks?... or should I continue my efforts to bleed the system?

I don't think it should need adjustment, because all settings remain the same... I think the fork is not pushing the bearing far enough into the flex plate to free up the clutch,... and that must be a bad bleed... right?

I am not sure.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleeding is arguably easier with one person

1. Put about 1" new fluid in a clear glass

2. put a hose from the bleeder to the bottom of the glass, making sure the new fluid covers end of hose

3. Crack the bleeder slightly

4. pump the clutch pedal while you watch the glass. When air bubbles stop coming out, it's done. Often this only takes two or three pumps.

5. tighten bleeder

6. top-up the master cylinder. DO NOT REUSE BRAKE FLUID

Any spilled brake fluid should be rinsed off painted surfaces with lots of water.

If the master ran dry at any time, it must also be bled.

No adjustment for the 620 trucks. Pedal play is all and that wasn't changed.

What I would do is go back next weekend and get a couple more. $9 is going to be a piece of shit and isn't going to last.... in fact may have already been bad in the box. Better carry a spare or two in the glove box so you don't get stranded somewhere. At $9 just keep replacing until you get a good one.