SR20DET turbo oil/coolant lines

jovial_cynic

Hey folks - 

I'm getting back to working on my car after spending the last year and a half getting my business off the ground, and I'm finally getting some freedom to get some things done on the 510.

The SR20DET is installed with a top-mount turbo (stock turbo), and the next step in the process is to get the oil and coolant to the turbo.  I've seen various outfits selling the braided steel lines with AN fittings, but I haven't been able to verify if they're cut to the right length for a top-mount turbo.  I'd hate to spend the money on the lines only to have them too short.

I had a few folks mention getting my own lines and fittings going the DIY route, and while I'm comfortable doing that, I haven't been able to find the size of the fittings or the size of the lines anywhere for reference.  

Has somebody else already put together the "shopping list" for the fitting sizes and line sizes needed to put together your own lines?

Thx!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember the specific fitting sizes, but the kits available are usually marketed as top mount or bottom mount, only difference should be the lengths.  Mine came with the required adapters for the AN lines.  What they did not include were the 2 banjo bolts for the oil and water feed, make sure you have those or an adapter.

If you are running an s13 and haven't already, I suggest getting a water neck modded for the water return.  On the oil drain make sure you use oil/fuel safe hose and not generic heater hose.

Here is a oic of the DIF brand kit I got from FRSport a few years ago with my modded water neck:

newest138.jpg

Don't forget to research whether or not your turbo requires an oil restrictor in the feed.  The kit I bought had different oil feed adapters with various restrictors built in.

Cool.  Thx.

I see on ebay that the kits are either $50, or $130.  They look the same, but I notice that the $50 kits state that the lines are teflon.  So are the $130 crazy overpriced because they assume that the 510 crowd will pay anything to get their SR20 installs working, or are the $50 simply cheap crap that's going to fail on track day?