The hunt.

Tigerbomb

So, right now I am hunting for a 510. I'm at my starting stage. Like everybody here once was. Except mabie The510Keeper. I'm convinced that guy was birthed from the trunk of a 69' bluebird, but that is a whole different matter. 

This thread i think might be a fun one. Because i can't post a project or what did i do to my dime today, i want to take you guys on a ride of what i've seen while looking at 510s and all that good stuff. 

9ueXiOZ.png

So each morning, i start with this. I got tired of searching each Craigslist county in california/oregon manually so now, when i open my browser in the morning, i have a option to open 22 tabs with it pointing to 'Datsun 510' in the auto search. 

I've found some good dimes, but the better ones, or even decent ones are in LA which is $6-$7000 for a rust bucket. Pure sadness. Left a note on a 510 locally letting the guy know i'm interested in buying if he is selling. No word yet. Hopefully i get a call back.

Ok0vgN4.jpg

Thats all i got for now. 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you only searching through CL ads? I'm sure all of us here can help you with your search, as we too search for 510's daily - regardless if we plan to buy or not.

I take it you've already reached out to thekeeper for one? He was selling and sold a dime this last weekend. What's your price range?

Best,

C

• Like 1

Are you only searching through CL ads? I'm sure all of us here can help you with your search, as we too search for 510's daily - regardless if we plan to buy or not.

I take it you've already reached out to thekeeper for one? He was selling and sold a dime this last weekend. What's your price range?

Best,

C

I'm looking through local, CL and ebay. I have spoken to The Keeper. Good guy. He spoke to me about which ones he had for sale. waiting on more info. 

4000-7000 is my budget. Looking for something that is a DD really and no huge rust spots. 

I'm looking through local, CL and ebay. I have spoken to The Keeper. Good guy. He spoke to me about which ones he had for sale. waiting on more info. 

4000-7000 is my budget. Looking for something that is a DD really and no huge rust spots. 

I think you'll find something with that budget. I'll keep an eye out. Check japanesenostalgiccar.com as well.

• Like 1

Call this number and ask for Pedro. 72 510 2 door I think he wants $5500. He is in Apple Valley. He has been trying to sell for almost 2 years, and is not flexible on price. He's a dickhead.

seen it and its over priced and yea he is a  *******...

Welp...That changes everything. 

Was offered one for sale, 8,000. Heres the description. 

l18 port n polished head with arp head bolts.. su carbs also port n polish to match the head... mild cam. Headers. Older valve cover, custom spark plug wire holder, electric dizzy, 2 inch sway bar, bre carbon fiber lip,  ground control coilovers with cusco camber plates, 280zx struts shorten to fit 5 way adjustable tociko hts shocks.. 4 speed tranny, rear has camaro shocks with cut mustang springs, 3 inch aluminum radiator, original interior with oldschool alpine radio. Original paint and body with zero body work done. No rust .. clean floors and trunk.. 15x8 zero offset apache rims with 195/45/15 nexen tires. Motor has about 80k miles since rebuilt.. stainless steal front brake lines and clutch line.. gear reduction starter. With new clutch slave cylinder

waiting to hear the issues with the car. Then i can make a better decision.