engine paint

mrmark

I'm kinda limited with my local parts stores but I have access to VHT engine enamel in Old Ford Blue.  They also had Ford Blue but it didn't look "green" enough to me.  I'm not doing a resto job or anything like that, I just want it to be close and these two seem like the closest options for me.  I could order something and get it but I'd rather use my local stores.

So the "old ford blue" looks to be ok but picking out paint colors by the cap color kinda sux.

Has anyone tried VHT's old ford blue?  and is it close to the factory datsun engine paint from 1979?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea the old ford blue looks good and even though it does not have that shade of green into it inwhich makes the Datsun blue, it looks relatively good when on.  Like yourself there were two choices to make and I chose the ford blue which to me looked more like the datsun because it lighter.  The old ford blue relly looks darker when dry.  I just got done doing a build and am in the middle of putting the front back on, so since I'm not good at this posting pics i'll PM you with my phone # and I'll send you pics tommarrow after work okay?  I have a 79KC.  Lance

• Like 1