Help please

Mr209skillz

Ok i have a datsun 510 4door thats jst sitting around. Swapped with a ka24de engine was running when it was put in but still has adjustments needed, i want a suspension to go lower, also want a auto to stick conversion. Has any1 done something similar? And if so what are the price ranges to do this stuff? Please help i dont want to sell my current car and end up half way throughy this build. Thanks

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lowering is simple. if im a noob and did it so can you.

im assuming you have discs in the front because 510 brakes wont hold up with a ka more than likely?

so with a 280zx conversion, you lower the car then you can get coilovers ( adjustable sleeves to lower the car) or springs (one height only)

im assuming you have discs in the front because 510 brakes wont hold up with a ka more than likely?

so with a 280zx conversion, you lower the car then you can get coilovers ( adjustable sleeves to lower the car) or springs (one height only)

Friend has a KA-T with stock brakes. 

i cant seem to find lowering stuff for 510's only found some on technotoytuning.com but they're pricey. Know any sites?

Friend has a KA-T with stock brakes. 

interesting. i still feel like that's not very efficient. but each to his own!

i cant seem to find lowering stuff for 510's only found some on technotoytuning.com but they're pricey. Know any sites?

well you can go to a jy for 280zx struts and find a complete assy that comes with hubs rotors calipers and all.

i bought mine off a guy on here but i found one a jy a couple weeks later :(

t3 is awesome man. i bought there camber plates and couldnt be happier. 

interesting. i still feel like that's not very efficient. but each to his own!

well you can go to a jy for 280zx struts and find a complete assy that comes with hubs rotors calipers and all.

i bought mine off a guy on here but i found one a jy a couple weeks later :(

t3 is awesome man. i bought there camber plates and couldnt be happier.

ok thanks

Ok i have a datsun 510 4door thats jst sitting around. Swapped with a ka24de engine was running when it was put in but still has adjustments needed, i want a suspension to go lower, also want a auto to stick conversion. Has any1 done something similar? And if so what are the price ranges to do this stuff? Please help i dont want to sell my current car and end up half way throughy this build. Thanks

I assume this is a '76-'73 PL510 and not the later HL510 which is really an A10? If an older PL510 try http://www.the510realm.com/index.php but don't ask to be spoon fed. Research the builds on there first, and thoroughly so your questions are more sensible.

If the KA24DE was put in, just what transmission is behind it right now? Automatic? If so run it as it is for now and enjoy. Work on the suspension and brakes and go back later. Tripling the hp on 40 year old brake and suspension is risky. You will need upgrades to make it safer. Rad, shortened driveshaft? Tires and rims? other things not covered probably a few thousand dollars if you do the work.

I assume this is a '76-'73 PL510 and not the later HL510 which is really an A10? If an older PL510 try http://www.the510realm.com/index.php but don't ask to be spoon fed. Research the builds on there first, and thoroughly so your questions are more sensible.

If the KA24DE was put in, just what transmission is behind it right now? Automatic? If so run it as it is for now and enjoy. Work on the suspension and brakes and go back later. Tripling the hp on 40 year old brake and suspension is risky. You will need upgrades to make it safer. Rad, shortened driveshaft? Tires and rims? other things not covered probably a few thousand dollars if you do the work.

sorry im new to datsuns im familiar with hondas so im adjusting. Transmission behind it right now is automatic. And oh ok i see now i'll just focus on suspension for now then

sorry im new to datsuns im familiar with hondas so im adjusting. Transmission behind it right now is automatic. And oh ok i see now i'll just focus on suspension for now then

Yes, too many thing slow it down and hard to keep up the enthusiasm. If running and fun to drive it's more fun to work on and see results.