The Search For 280zx Struts Continues

Last weekend I decided to call some of the local wrecking yards in search of 280zx struts for my 510. The first place I called was Garraways. To my excitement they had a 81 in the yard and told me 35 bucks each strut assy. I packed a tool box up a ripped down there all excited. When I got there the car was sitting on the dirt on the rotors. I spent an hour trying to find a jack. After finally finding a stock jack I busted my ass for about an hour jacking up the car and getting the struts off. In direct heat I carried those heavy ass assy's all the way from the back to the counter.....55 bucks each the dude said! WTF I only brought 70 with no more in the bank for parts. I said well I will buy one can you please hold the other for me until friday and I will pick it up."Ya I can hold it.......you go put it back in the car and it will be held for you until someone buys it" the bastard says. So I carry this heavy ass assy bak to the back of the lot and place it inside a newer Nissan figuring if they start crushin this old Z will go before this 90's 240. Any ways a week of stress at work wondering when I can get the other side and I finally gathered the cash to do so. I got up early today all excited again to pick the strut up. I get down there and the car next to the 280zx (which my strut was in) had been crushed an hour before I showed up. Now I have one f%$&^ strut and my stock 510 struts have the perch cut off! WTF Any one know where I can get a 280zx strut or struts I would greatly appreciate it!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for looking out.....sunnyside huh? Might have to trick the wife into a romantic get away with a quick stop with a tool box ha ha. Ya walked the yard at Pull apart in Tacoma this am after my strut dissappointment....found a 71...not the same thing is it as far as struts go

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.