810 Wagon Fuel Injection Problem

NRGMatrix

My car started having issues last week after overheating, now whenever you go over 25% throttle the engine Surges like you are pumping the pedal.

We initally thought the fuel injection module got wet when the car overheated but it was bone dry.

http://youtu.be/nIhieIc0tyQ

^^Video of what it is doing.

Also it seems like the Alternator isnt charging at full capacity, but it is brand new.

If anybody knows what could cause this you would be a life saver.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First the alternator. Best you can get is a new replacement Nissan alternator, second choice is a used one from the wrecking yard, third is an alternator from or made in Japan, forth a re built, fifth a re-manufactured from China. Any after the wrecking yard are often bad in the box. Re-manufactured are made with absolutely shitty quality parts.

Hearing that the motor was overheated is not good and can mean the head gasket may be blown or in the process of blowing. It doesn't always happen but overheating should  be avoided at all costs.

Is the motor using water more than normal?

Is there a steamy exhaust when the motor is warmed up

Is the oil creamy or coffee with cream color?

Does the rad water smell of gasoline?

First the alternator. Best you can get is a new replacement Nissan alternator, second choice is a used one from the wrecking yard, third is an alternator from or made in Japan, forth a re built, fifth a re-manufactured from China. Any after the wrecking yard are often bad in the box. Re-manufactured are made with absolutely shitty quality parts.

Hearing that the motor was overheated is not good and can mean the head gasket may be blown or in the process of blowing. It doesn't always happen but overheating should  be avoided at all costs.

Is the motor using water more than normal?

Is there a steamy exhaust when the motor is warmed up

Is the oil creamy or coffee with cream color?

Does the rad water smell of gasoline?

I don't think it is the alternator there is less than 200 Miles on it, and it was bought brand new.

Could there be an issue with some wiring that would cause it?  honestly the charging light in the dash may have just burnt out.

And to answer every other question no none of those things happen or are happening at all.

Start by doing all the general maintenance to it even gaskets if its still doing the same thing you can eliminate most of the possible problems and not have to play the guessing game with it.

And mike is right never ever let a car overheat could damage a lot more than you think including the head.

I don't think it is the alternator there is less than 200 Miles on it, and it was bought brand new.

Could there be an issue with some wiring that would cause it?  honestly the charging light in the dash may have just burnt out.

200 miles? Some are no good after 200 feet!!! Others no good in the box. New does not mean good. A good one is one from Japan or an original used one from a wrecking yard. Over and over again we have people here that are on their 3rd or 4th free replacement alternator from their neighborhood auto supply store.  Dealer ones are likely close to $200 or more. Not saying to get one but don't expect much for $50.

You can test the bulb operation easily enough. Turn ignition to ON (not start) the ALT red light will or should be on. A burned out or otherwise inoperative lamp will affect the alternator charge.

Yo man you should hot wire the fuel pump to be on with acc or ignition. My buddy did this to my car and it helped immensely with cold start and bogging. I'm also running a fuel rail and zero smog crap but that's a different path all together.

I have some burgendy wagon interior parts and a clean rear drivers side rear door amoung other parts if your looking for anything.