what brake master cylinder fits?

angelmanuel

i have installed 280zx front brakes on the front of my 1979 210/B310. in the future i am also upgrading the rear end and that means bigger brakes also. i will need a bigger master cylinder so the question is: which one can be adapted? from what car? 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a booster run the 15/16" 280zx master. Makes perfect sense to run the same master as what powers the brakes in the first place.

The zx master is set up with rear residual valves for disc brakes so just pop them out and put the residual valves from your old master in it.

• Like 1

If you have a booster run the 15/16" 280zx master. Makes perfect sense to run the same master as what powers the brakes in the first place.

The zx master is set up with rear residual valves for disc brakes so just pop them out and put the residual valves from your old master in it.

cool thanks for the info. not familiar with the valves you are talking about. where are these located?

On the output tube where it leaves the master. Take the hard line off and there's a large nut. Undo that and the residual valve is up inside.

710brakes004Large.jpg

I installed Maxima struts and the super large calipers used a 15/16" master. I removed the residual valve from the stock 7/8" master and put it into the 15/16". Be careful not to mix them up. I could not tell the difference by looking at them.

Drum brakes require about 10 pounds of brake pressure be kept in the rear lines. Disc brakes need only 2-3 pounds. Running a drum residual valve will just wear out the disc brake pads sooner.

There are several different shapes, some are cylinders and some are more boxy but I believe they all will fit the master itself. Make sure mating surfaces are very clean.

At random, I compared a round 210 to a round 620 and they were the same part number.