high beams and front turn signals dont work

oldgasman

hello guys

so I have read most of the wiring problems and fixed most..

I srarted out with no lights at all..

1..cleaned switch

2..cleaned fuse box..put all new fuses

3...cleaned up light relay

ok so now I have all lights

no front turn signals and no high beam...??? I have the yellow fog lights does that need something im missing??

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's weird but on the 510 if you don't have parking or running lights the hi/low relay does not work.

If the rear running lights are on then the fronts should be too they are fed from the same source. This should be the Green/Blue wire from the lighting switch.

OK if low beams are working there is power to the headlights. Low and hi beams are selected by grounding the ones you want using the relay. If low beams work then there is a working ground on the relay. I would say the relay isn't connecting the the hi beams to ground even though it's clicking..

well I figured it out ..the red wire with white strip going into light relay is ground..took apart relay again and where the coil mounts to the plastic I see that is also where the ground prong goes out...sanded down and cleaned where they meet put back together and it works .. hope that might help others with similar problems

When the headlights switch is ON there is power to the HI and the LOW beam bulbs at the front.

HI or LOW is selected with the column switch and the relay grounds one or the other to complete the circuit and turn them on. Red/White wire isn't ground but goes to ground when the relay is energized. Ground is the Black wire(s)

Front signals still not working?

• 2 weeks later...

I just redid the relay wiring on a friends 510 this weekend i made a diagram to convert to a standard 5/4 prong relay. 

the diagram can be view/printed here

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=5FB1AA356F41A13D!631&authkey=!AHqLI1IJj8iHa6I

its pretty simple and make is a easy to figure out if you ever have trouble again. you dont really have to run 3 relays i did because i didnt want to run the high current through my 30a spdt relay so i rant them through a 60 and spst realy