Im back baby (240Z content)

Yellow_Feva

Since I sold the 1200 I jumped through various cars including a RHD Totota Mark II GT but now im back.

Got me today a 72 Datsun 240Z with a l28ET swap and a 200 diff

The car is in pristine condition, It has been garaged for the past 15 years, non registered for the last 7 years and has not driven more than 5 miles in the last 10 years.

Even tho the previous owner loved the car he was not able to use it cause of where they lived and the conditions of the road (dirt 3 mile country road)

My plans are to change all fluids, get her back on the road and enjoy her.

Here some pics:

How I found her under a cover in the garage.

A1842E12-A4EC-419A-8773-53838259345D-460

9D50982F-9485-4FF4-A8C3-3D0BC13A34E9-460

20C811F6-385B-413B-BB4F-B80BCCAA3013-460

FD070927-64C9-4CD3-B7CE-E9B1F46966A6-460

B5598D9F-5A2B-4A33-B174-DC3686050753-460

• Like 1
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ill be adding a rear spoiler freshening up the interior a nice respray and maybe some new wheels.

Performance wise I want 300HP so that should not be an issue with this engine.

The actual L28ET was rebuilt 12 years ago but it has less than 100 miles since the rebuild and the stock turbo was also rebuilt back then.

• Like 1

You scored! I have a 71 turbo, not in as nice condition as yours though. I never could enjoy my car as much as I wanted to until I rebuild the suspension. Now it's a blast to drive.. Enjoy your z

Rex

You scored! I have a 71 turbo, not in as nice condition as yours though. I never could enjoy my car as much as I wanted to until I rebuild the suspension. Now it's a blast to drive.. Enjoy your z

Rex

How did you go on rebuilding the suspension, is there coilovers for it.

I didn't do coilovers, I did a basic illumina shocks non adjustable (blue), tokico springs, ST rear sway bar, ST front sway bar from a 280z it's 1 1/8 thick. New ball joints, new bushings, new outer tire rods, new t/c rods with the G machine bushing. Also had the steering rack rebuilt. I stayed pretty stock on the brakes. Slotted rotors with hawk pads upfront and stock drums in the rear. Stock master cylinder and stainless steel hydraulic lines. Wheels 16 inch panasports. I try to keep the boost under 10 lbs as i Have no innercooler.

Next steps new fuel lines supply and return, welboro fuel pump and of course a innercooler. After that I'm done.

Rex

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...