Voltage Issues Nissan 720 4wd

Toon

Recently my battery light is coming on and off and my voltage meter is at about 12 volts right now.

Just had the battery and alternator replaced a few months back, terminals have been replaced and cleaned.

I just took my sound system out and checked for any shorts. Still the battery light is diming on.

Truck still starts up fine but I can't figure out what the problem is. Sounds like an alternator problem but I feel that it is something more simple.

Help please. 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Find the fusible links... they are connected to the positive battery terminal or very close to it. There will be connectors on the ends  and one black and two green wires. They act like a fuse and will melt and break the circuit but without catching fire. Probably the black one is crispy inside the insulation. Possibly the connector is corroded or maybe just loose.

X2 on the fusible links. I was dealing with a similar issue on my 720. Swapped the alternator a few times, and had a brand new battery, all wiring looked good but still had 12 volts with the battery light coming and going. The black fusible link looked good on the outside, but was crispy on the inside. Replaced and was good to go. Should only be a few bucks tops if that's the issue.