72 620 dually

Hey Ratsun, I bought my first datsun about a month ago, 1972 620 dually.The truck has 73000 miles, still the original windshield, 1973 CAA sticker on it and I am the "second" owner. I bought it from the original owners daughter, he passed away and she hadn't moved it. I've been reading the forum since the purchase, I'm just saying hello and thanks to everyone for the info already. Plans are get it rewired. PO had cb, 2-way, aftermarket radio, fog lights cap lights trailer plugs (yes 2) and god knows what else over the years but cutting wires and using just electrical tape seemed to be his hobby.  Next I am going to attack the rust, body is OK, floarboards are well just about non-existant. I have already pulled cleaned or replaced fuel tank and lines as well as rad/hoses and got it moving under it's own power. Rough/high idle when warm, but I am going to order a weber instead of trying to rebuild the 40 year old Hitachi, that has sat for 10 years. I'll be posting pics as I progress. Looking forward to hearing everyones input.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic