Coil over swap help

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know enough about different make coil-overs and plates to comment on those. Someone else might be able to tell what they are and what they are worth from the pic. I think you will need ZX hubs, rotors, and calipers; your 510 ones won't fit at all. One of the big reasons for sticking ZX struts on a 510 is to get the bigger brakes. You might look at prices at http://www.rockauto.com/ to get an idea on rotors and calipers. Hubs you can find used, and maybe even find good used rotors and calipers. Knowing new prices will give you an idea the max you will need to spend.

Len

Make sure you measure those struts before you buy, don't want your car to be slammed unless you're ready for that. 

Yep double check the insert size. I bout a very similar set of modified strut for my wagon (the sleeve was welded on both top and bottom  :confused:  never really seen that until I bought mine cheap)

That is an excellent deal for what's there if the size checks out. $275 for the camber plates alone new, and $80 for the bump steer spacers (knuckle risers as he calls them)

http://www.dpracing.co/510_FrontSuspension.html

I have those same camber plates on my car, and they are pretty amazing, I love them to pieces for both look and function. DP makes quality stuff, not the crap you get from Techno that is made cheaply in China. 

IMG_1460.jpg

For any camber plate set up you need to hog out the tops of your strut towers to get a socket in the adjustment bolts. Like so

IMG_1474.jpg

I autocross with those camber plates, and they'll hold up to just about anything you do on the street. 

lol what a nondescript cl add.

one would think that if youre tryna sell something that you would add as much info as you can

unless the seller does know wtf