Temperature Gauge in 75 B210???????

tato927

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You positive its not running hot?

When you turn the car on, does it go straight to hot, or after it warms up?  Your location says Napa, what state?

Well when I first put in the Temp Sensor shot up all the way to hot. Now it goes up after it warms up. Napa is in CA. It's wine country.

instantly or actually warms up  from cold? it is full of coolant or water correct?  nothing blocking the fins.. not plugged up with bugs.  

disconnect hoses  and remove radiator  flush it out.  forward and backwards with a garden hose.   also when doing this flush the heater core doig it the same way.  start with low pressure so you wont blow the heater core up.

Datsun gauges usually have a 'run range' marked out before going to full reading. Although at the top end of the run range is considered ok I would rather it be about half way up. Generally mine runs about 1/3 the way up in the run range and ofter gets close to 1/2. This is what I call normal and if it was to go above this I would start looking for the cause.

Sender and thermostat changesd so for now we can eliminate then from this. Other things...

Is the fan shroud in place?

Clutch fan firm to turn by hand or very loose?

Rad fins blocked by bugs, leaves, plastic bag?

Rev motor and look at lower rad hose does it collapse from the suction? Is the lower hose soft?

Timing set to proper amount? Don't guess.

Does the gauge drop slightly if you turn heater and fan on full???

Datsun gauges usually have a 'run range' marked out before going to full reading. Although at the top end of the run range is considered ok I would rather it be about half way up. Generally mine runs about 1/3 the way up in the run range and ofter gets close to 1/2. This is what I call normal and if it was to go above this I would start looking for the cause.

Sender and thermostat changesd so for now we can eliminate then from this. Other things...

Is the fan shroud in place?

Clutch fan firm to turn by hand or very loose?

Rad fins blocked by bugs, leaves, plastic bag?

Rev motor and look at lower rad hose does it collapse from the suction? Is the lower hose soft?

Timing set to proper amount? Don't guess.

Does the gauge drop slightly if you turn heater and fan on full???

Shroud is in place.

Clutch fan is firm.

Rad fins are not blocked.

No collapse form suction. Lower hose is soft.

Timing is set proper.

Gauge drops slightly if I turn on heater and if I run water on radiator while running.

Drain and remove rad. If possible remove the block drain bungs too. Set heater to HOT and flush the heater core with a garden hose. Reverse directions several times. Lay rad with cap on and hose openings up and fill with CLR and water. Soak overnight to dissolve limestone deposits from hard water. Rinse out and fill with distilled water and a good quality Anti-freeze/coolant mix. Use distilled water to top up rad.

Drain and remove rad. If possible remove the block drain bungs too. Set heater to HOT and flush the heater core with a garden hose. Reverse directions several times. Lay rad with cap on and hose openings up and fill with CLR and water. Soak overnight to dissolve limestone deposits from hard water. Rinse out and fill with distilled water and a good quality Anti-freeze/coolant mix. Use distilled water to top up rad.

Thanks! I will give that a shot this weekend.