A Surprise

So my story started when i wanted my fathers '65 Chevy pickup. I keeped bugging him for it and finally he gave in and decided to give it to me. However my oldest brother did not like the idea seeing as he is the mechanic in the family and he would be the one fixing it up for me.

Couple weeks later, I was in my room and my brother comes in and hands me some keys and says " here".  I ask him "what is this for?" And he responds "go outside and see".

So i go outside (by the way its dark) and there she is my new, well not exactly new, car. A 1971 Datsun 510. I was so excited and overwelmed that i got a Datsun. My brother has a '72 Datsun 510 and i have watched him build that thing up so it was awesome that he got me a car that he has. The very next day i gave my dad the key to his Chevy. Althought i still want it but the Datsun is more than enough ... for now. The funny thing is that now my brother is fixing up my 510 and putting in a new engine so its turning out to be a lot more work than the chevy would have been. Im helping out with little things but nothig compared to what hes doing. Thankfully he has experience from his 510.

We always joke around that he got me a death trap and one of the worst cars because he has to do so much to fix it up. Its a car that you never truly finish because there always something else that can be done. But as my brother says "you'll appreciate it more when its done".

• Like 2
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic