trying to make things work

OK, lets establish one thing, I'm just a beginner. For a beginner though, I think this is pretty good. BTW, if anyone doesn't know what truck this is (Its kinda easy to tell) its a 720.

yeah, I need a new steering wheel, and hopefully find power steering as well.

2723951436_ece0561d76.jpg

2723951704_1025ab5a9b.jpg

love the kickers

2723989382_6847be603b.jpg

2723951256_61ccbba293.jpg

2723128359_f059f9a420.jpg

doors look ok

the ceiling is my question, I kinda like the texture, not the blue though. wish I could paint it.

2723951200_cbe041c7ef.jpg

Could use some opinions and ideas as well. hopefully they don't involve too much money.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clean interior.

The Sport Truck option had electric windows. I don't know if the '81 had this option. If the doors are interchangeable between years this might be an idea. The electric motors cannot be bolted up to non electric doors, they are different. I suppose the inner skin could be cut out and welded in.

Not fond of the '80-'82 dash pod with the square gages, don't know about you, but I find the later ones nicer. Here's an '85 4X4 dash:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/dash011.jpg[/img]"]dash011.jpg

Here it is with the 4X4 consul containing the oil pressure and volts gages.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/620stuff001Large-1.jpg[/img]"]620stuff001Large-1.jpg

The late 70s and '80s Z car steering wheel fits the 720 column. Good grip, center horn button AND thumb buttons too.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/dash001Large.jpg[/img]"]dash001Large.jpg

Here's the gage cluster. It will likely fit the earlier dash if you pull a few pins in the connectors and switch them around. This one has the optional tach and clock. Even the little truck to the left of the high beam indicator lights up when in 4X4. To get the oil pressure gage working you will need any Nissan sender, car or truck, for pressure gage.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/STP80225-2.jpg[/img]"]STP80225-2.jpg

If you notice something doesn't look right, it's because this 720 dash is in my '78 620 truck.

I'm trying to find that cluster at the JY, but haven't gone through the whole section yet. The power windows are not important to me, although it would be nice. The brodie is there to stay, helps me alot, although I almost broke my wrist once. Maybe I'll put another speaker in each door... gotta be loud:fu:.

But that ceiling is going to be the first to tackle (just don't know what, any ideas:confused:), since school is so close to starting, along with the winshield.

they sell interior paint at almost all the auto-zones. It works on vinyl, plastic and rubber and comes in many colors. I recomend buying a good brand like dupli-color

If I do go that route, will I have to primer it as well? haven't used that kind of paint before. CC sounds also like a good investment as well, Right? If it works, I might also try it on my armrests, but just going to the JY sounds easier.

• 2 weeks later...
If I do go that route, will I have to primer it as well? haven't used that kind of paint before. CC sounds also like a good investment as well, Right? If it works, I might also try it on my armrests, but just going to the JY sounds easier.

i use SEM's for any kind of plastic or vinyl. its expensive about 11 bucks a can but it really is the best you can do unless your replace the material. there is no need to primer it or clear coat it in fact it will most likely cause it tr crack ever slight movement. this is however not a permanent on any hight traffic areas like seats or armrests, it will over time wear off and look like it did before.