720 daily driver

I guess I never really made a build thread for my 720. I've done more fixing old worn out parts than anything on this truck , but I have been able to get a few things done to it along the way. Got it for $2200 but have put alot of money into it. getting the carb rebuilt and to pass smog was the hardest part the previous owner did some shady stuff to it. New brakes , shocks, ball joints, steering box, steering pump, radiator, altenator, pulley . Still needs alot of love but runs OK. I could not find pics before I added roof rack.

009_zps7d7de97d.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drove it like that for a few months , but we all know stock sucks

No wheel , no steal.... unless you have a tow truck

008_zps72ff3600.jpg

MR2 seats my stocks seats were tired. I plan on using some power Z32 seats I have soon, so these will be for sale at a good price

006_zpsa008bc3f.jpg

005_zps5b325893.jpg

Side mirrors got to go but 4 huge holes and they painted around them WTF! I have some stock chrome mirrors but dont know what to do about the 4 holes it looks like crap when the big mirrors are off , but it looks like crap with them on the truck ... what to do?

Nice oiks!  It looks like the original Nissan paint is holding up very well; very nicely preserved 720.  I'm interested to see the engine in another post.

What is the difference in ride at three inches lower than previous stock height?

Upland weather has been kind to your body compared to rainy rusty Oregon.

Unfortunately previous owner had it painted Im guessing after it had some front end damage, it is pretty close to the stock color and paint is not that great but good for now. Well lets just say stock rides way smoother but I am pretty much hitting the bump stops in the front I need to trim them up or get some smaller ones and my rear shocks need to be replaced. For being kept outdoors its pretty clean and I wash it every other day so that helps

• 3 weeks later...

Very clean build. Very jealous of the KC. Following. 

MR2 seats my stocks seats were tired. I plan on using some power Z32 seats I have soon, so these will be for sale at a good price

006_zpsa008bc3f.jpg

005_zps5b325893.jpg

How close were the MR2 seats for mounting? My current seats (96-00 civic) have me sitting too high.

The MR2 seats fit the front stock holes the rear is off but I have been driving daily wit only the fronts bolted. You could easily remove the MR2 seat rails and get some rails from a 720 with bucket seats and mount them on MR2 . The seats fit good and do not sit too high I'm 6'1 and fit fine.

The MR2 seats fit the front stock holes the rear is off but I have been driving daily wit only the fronts bolted. You could easily remove the MR2 seat rails and get some rails from a 720 with bucket seats and mount them on MR2 . The seats fit good and do not sit too high I'm 6'1 and fit fine.

The only thing I do not like about them is that they don't recline that far foward so its a pain to put anything behind the seats

Good to know, thanks for the quick info!