rust =(

NYCPYRO

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fix it?

Perhaps Lou, the OP could be really innovative and apply some rust converter.

If there a real trailblazer they could also try cutting the rust out and welding new sections in.

Hell, don't know if it's been done before, but, it would be pretty cool if they give it a try :)

P.s. Welcome to Ratsun pyro

Get onto the search button and type something snazzy like "rust repair" and all you dreams should come true

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Perhaps Lou, the OP could be really innovative and apply some rust converter.

If there a real trailblazer they could also try cutting the rust out and welding new sections in.

Hell, don't know if it's been done before, but, it would be pretty cool if they give it a try :)

P.s. Welcome to Ratsun pyro

Get onto the search button and type something snazzy like "rust repair" and all you dreams should come true

It would depend on the severity of the rust, I think pics are in order? Dont you Jason? :thumbup:

Ok youve had your (sarcastic) welcome and handled it with grace and applomb!

Seriously though, as Lou has hinted at, all FNG's must post pics of their ride.

In this case, pics of the rusted area(s) are a must for us when diagnosing things via a keyboard.

Go here for advice on how to post pretty pictures on Ratsun:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/691-how-to-post-pictures-and-keep-online-photo-albums/

Based on your initial description it sounds like a replacement floor pan job to me.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Looks like it is time to cut out the rust,then well new panel in(probably have to make something up)

I would peel back the material on the inner rocker area too, see how far up the rust goes.

If it doesnt,then you should be able to drill the spot welds along the floor/rocker area and reweld (and make it strong)

Car looks great from the front

yeah front pic is when i got her yearrrrrrssssssss ago ....shes been sitting under my tent ....got all beat up by my dad when he throws his tools and crap in the tent to store =( so she needs new paint job...i need both end bumper guards... and do some motor work looking for some advice what to do with motor

yeah i just want her started for now just to drive around.....

prob throw some sound in it for the summer...

then save up some money for new motor...

so for now paint job... and tune her up! and fix that darn rust =))

thanks alot guys!!!

hopefully ill find some guys here in the east to do car meets =)

I'd get some sheet metal that is a similar thickness to your floor sheet metal and just fab up your own floor. You don't have to make all the fancy little ridges and stuff line up, just get it close enough to where you can seal it up and put something over it. Maybe coat the bottom of the car in por15 afterwards.