carrier bearing

fuda

hey everyone 

i kind of screwed up i was replacing the carrier bearing on my 73 620 after i got it disasembled i got pulled away and side tracked for a bit. when i came back i couldn't remember for the life of me which way the bearing goes back on. i know stupid any way any help would be great. also woulkd like to ask what causes that rubber to blow out so quick i just replaced it about 2 years ago, again any help would be great.

thank you

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey everyone  i kind of screwed up i was replacing the carrier bearing on my 73 620 after i got it disasembled i got pulled away and side tracked for a bit. when i came back i couldn't remember for the life of me which way the bearing goes back on. i know stupid any way any help would be great. also woulkd like to ask what causes that rubber to blow out so quick i just replaced it about 2 years ago, again any help would be great. thank you

is your truck lowered at all??? If so you need to put spacers under it to raise it so the d/l agle is somewhat correct....

Cut a 1 1/2" strip of 1/4" rubber (I had some conveyor belt) and wrap around the bearing and secure with large hose clamp. Clamp it in place with the hoop that normally holds it. I did mine this way and it worked so well I left it.... forever. Should be able to fix this for under $5. The only time I have ever heard of the bearing going bad was recently when metalmonkey47 said his was.

Cut a 1 1/2" strip of 1/4" rubber (I had some conveyor belt) and wrap around the bearing and secure with large hose clamp. Clamp it in place with the hoop that normally holds it. I did mine this way and it worked so well I left it.... forever. Should be able to fix this for under $5. The only time I have ever heard of the bearing going bad was recently when metalmonkey47 said his was.

I did this fix the truck vibrated so bad it crack my downpipe on my new exhaust....

Hey no my truck is not lowered. I found a thread with picks that answered which way to put bearing on so that's good. But still no truck is not lowered can use new suspension though... Also have another question about fuel consumption I replaced my carb with the webber carb and changed out to a electric fuel pump, and now I am only getting about 15mpg is tht because of the webber carb? I thought my mpg should be around mid to high 20's on this rig... Any recommendations on how to get better mpg.

Was this a new in the box weber? Otherwise you may have bought someone else's problem. You should be getting well up into the 20s even with a weber. What pressure is the fuel pump? 2 1/2 to 3 PSI is lots.

its a new webber that i ordered from webber. i had a carb mechanic put it in as well as the fuel pump not sure what the pressure is, its a facet posi-flow efp3 looked it up and says its 1.5-4 psi. but not sure how correct that is