280Z park bench bumpers-what are my options?

I'm thinking about swapping out the ugly park bench-style bumpers on my 1978 280Z down the road, and I can't find any explicit info in a forum search about it. My options appear to be Motorsport fiberglass bumpers (which require modification, but they don't list what-anyone know?), or possibly converting to 240/260Z bumpers. Is there anything else available aftermarket outside of Motorsport? 

What modification is required to install 240/260Z bumpers? And what's a good price to pay? Feel free to share any war stories about your bumper conversion :)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, I'm still a newb-I didn't quite get that MSA stands for Motorsport Auto right away heheh. IMO that MSA body kit is styling the 280Z towards a later (80's) look, I'm looking for an earlier 240Z appearance. Time to search for those 240z brackets. Of course, I'm not planning on doing anything cosmetic until next year, I just want to learn what's out there.

My Citroen mechanic friend loved it when I called them 'park bench' bumpers-he took a seat on the front end and smiled-I too like the added functionality of having a place to sit :D