Oklahoma Tornado

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most definitely, sorry to hear about it man. I didn't make cars and coffee as I spent most of the morning out in the area near where all the fatalities happened last night. I was at the Vo-tech school in canadian county. The school is pretty much trashed and will most likely need to be completely rebuilt.
photo_zpsc2b7a2de.jpg

The oil pipeline business was totaled as the tornado did not pay attention to the signs...
photo_zps7b339c46.jpg

Still, the day dawned calm and bright and the superintendent showed up ready to rebuild already.
photo_zpsbff4d8a1.jpg

The damage could have been much, much worse. The tornado was a multiple vortex with 3 separate funnels rotating around the main circulation. It lifted just to the east of the vo-tech and really just did wind damage in the city proper.; Back to the west of the vo-tech, the tornado did tear up some homes, but missed a bunch more. Sounds horrible and I feel badly for those who lost some one, but I feel good that only 9 people died, had it continued on and hit Oklahoma City with the force it hit the vo-tech, there would have been hundreds dead.

Sounds horrible and I feel badly for those who lost some one, but I feel good that only 9 people died. Had it continued on and hit Oklahoma City with the force it hit the vo-tech, there would have been hundreds dead.

Yeah, I feel the same way and I've known Dustin since the 8th grade. Even though that's 9 human beings with 9 sets of families and friends it could have easily been 90.

I've watched two of these things swirl over my work in Chickasha since Monday. the day before yesterday here at the house we had 30 solid minutes of round and flat hail + two solid hours of hard rain. Camtron, my nieces in Fort Gibson and Stigler were dodging them this week.