510 Wagon vinyl trim

Alright, so the vinyl trim on a 510. It goes around the pillars by the window, and by the back hatch. Theres four pieces of alum trim... They attach to something on the body. What exactly are they attached to, and how does it attach to the body? Are they screwed in? Spot welded??  Anyone have pictures of what it looks like with just the clips on the body, and also the clips removed?

Have someone interested in mine. Might sell them, but it depends on what the wagons gonna look like with them removed. I don't want to have holes or drill/grind the body really..

Info, pictures, all welcomed! 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if he has pictures or not, but PM Greengoon. He has had his vinyl top redone. Might be able at least tell you one way or another. Let me lmow when you do and I'll let him know he's got mail, dont know how often he checks this with his new business and all.

Izzo! Got your PM but I figured I'd put it here instead. Its been almost 10 years so I'm trying to remember. I don't believe I have any close up pictures back then. I think the rears had standard trim clips rivetted to the body and the trim just popping off and on, carefully of course. You may find spot welds instead of rivets but I'm sure there are clips under there. My trim came off pretty easy if I remember correctly. My fronts look different than yours. Mine came this way, I just repainted them and re rivetted them back on.

I think you could successfully pull one side off to check. I did mine before I knew what I was doing and didn't screw them up. :rolleyes: At any rate you won't find much under there, either tiny holes from rivets or maybe a small spot weld. You might even be able to reuse the clips. Wish I could help more.

photo1_zps6be5b7c9.jpg

photo_zps0092729f.jpg