What is this, is it important?

I did the saturn alternator swap a couple weeks ago, the reman OE alt crapped out and this seemed the most reasonable route. Everything was good for the first day, ran 13-14V no red lights woot. Next couple time I drove the truck the voltage was lower and lower, didn't drive it for a few days, went to start it.....nothing, not a peep. Charged the battery swap out the alternator again both benched good and reinstalled. As soon as I hook up the negative cable this relay looking device on passenger fenderwell by the firewall clicks, it's powering up immediately. I imagine this was my power draw, truck runs fine with it disconnected, is it important? 77 620 L20B, emissions deleted, Weber carb 

8740478180_610961d4b6_z.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the choke heater relay.

Unplug it. You will need a 12 volt supply to the choke heater on th carb that is turned on and off with the ignition. Simplest is to splice the Blue choke heater wire to the Red idle cut solenoid right beside it on the carb.

Ah I see you have a weber... well if it has a manual choke just unplug the choke heater relay. If you have an electric choke on the weber find the original red idle cut solenoid wire and splice into it. The idle cut will supply te choke heater.