720 lift questions

Toon

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Up to a point (a very short point) you can turn the torsion bars up for 3-4" depending where it is now. The problem is that the 720 is an IFS with the differential bolted to the frame. This limits the distance the wheels can be from the frame when lifted. In addition the steering is by box and idler arm (also bolted to the frame) another limiting factor, unlike a drag link type.

If just wanting to sit higher raise the body on the frame mounts 2-3".

If wanting ground clearance, taller tires will work but a 6" taller tire only effectively adds 3" of axle clearance.

Torsion bar lift .... 2"

Body lift ............. 3"

33x12.5* tires....... 2.65" (axle clearance)

TOTAL................ 7.65"

* increasing the tire diameter will affect over all gear ratio and increase crawl speed and make acceleration on the road rather sluggish.

Get on hands and knees and look under your Datsun. They are on the frame or attached to the frame .One on each side of the rad, one in each corner of the cab,  two pair ahead of the rear axle and one pair behind.

Toon's 720 already has aftermarket torsion springs, I think it came as a kit along with upper control arms and some other stuff installed  by PO. So its probably already got about 3 inches of suspension lift plus I think 31"(?) or so tires.  Not sure will have to look as to exactly whats on it and how much lift, but I bet it could be turned up half an inch or so higher, safely, but maybe not. 

But, dylan, your suspension is set up fine, we just rebuilt it. If you mess around with it any more that means another alignment, and probably more money spent other parts, plus I will most likely have to be there to help out. Your truck is already lifted plenty in my opinion and has good stance

20130223_100707_zps6de5e398.jpg

Toon's truck