Thoughts on XXR 531 Rims fitting my 510 Wagon

Here are pictures of the wheels. I measured the rear and there is an 1" from the tire to the leaf spring and about 1-1/2" from the tire to the fender. Current wheels are 7" wide 195/50/15

http://s258.photobucket.com/user/Cacman1027/media/20130507_184602.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

http://s258.photobucket.com/user/Cacman1027/media/20130507_184629.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Angle of picture looks like tire is touching but there is an 1" from the tire to the leaf spring and about 1-1/2" from the tire to the fender.

http://s258.photobucket.com/user/Cacman1027/media/20130507_184841.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Thoughts if I got with 15x8 x 0 Offset on the front and 15x8 x 20 Offset for the rear? No wheel shop is willing to do a test fit for me and I don;t want to be stuck with wheels that won't fit.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On my 521 one would have to clear the shock plate esp when lowered i could hit the rim.

rememeber when one changes the offset the dish of the wheel might not look rightt esp if you have a deeper dish wheel up front like a 0 offset.

Those are nice looking wheels even if made in China. if they have 15x7s I would buy them.

maybe 15x8 with 280zx strut might pull them in More

Appreciate that! Maybe I shoudl jsut do 15x8x20 offset for front and rear. I have 1991 Stock 240sx wheels in the back and just found out they are 40 offset.

Just want tp play it safe but 15x8x20 offset for front and back sounds safe. If they are too tucked in, i could always get spacers.

Thought???

Those are the offset specs I found online. 280x turbo rims are 12 Offset and Stock 240sx rims are 40 offset

Just took a closer look and my rim is about 1/2" from hitting my spring but have a lot of room from the fender so I'm thinking -15 Offset front, +20 Offset in the rear.

What I really need is a shop to test fit a wheel but I can't find any out here in Los Angeles.

I'm thinking -15 Offset front, +20 Offset in the rear.?????????????????????

YOu sure -15(minus) off set on a 8inch rim???? I dont think thats going to fit.

on a 510 strut +20 will work not hitting the strut

280zx strut +20 will hit the strut maybe get a 5mm spacer from Ichiba.com

Zero will work also on a 280zx strut.

remeber going from a 6 in to a 7 in to a 8 inch your moving 1 inch around eith in +offset or - oset to place the rim more in out. example if you say u have a +40mm offset on a 6in rim the 6 inch rim the +40 is taken off the back side maybe not hitting a stut or a rear trailing arm.

Im not a wheel expert. I persoanlly would buy unless I seen one first on a 510

• 4 weeks later...