510 on E85

Anyone running their datsun on E85. Just wondering what things did you change and what didnt you. I have all SS fuel lines, teflon braided line to fuel rail and tank, but running stock tank.... wondering if anyone have theirs coated or changed it out for a fuel cell or what not. Chime in and let me know what you think.... Thanks.

Edit: Car is fuel injected, sr20det swap.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gota run at least half inch fuel line or -8 AN. E85 requires alot more volume then gas. My buddy with an SR is running it in his dime. Also has a fuel pump that is good for E85. And of corse you need your ECU programmed for it. I'm no expert but that's what I thought he did. Could be alot more to it.

Gota run at least half inch fuel line or -8 AN. E85 requires alot more volume then gas. My buddy with an SR is running it in his dime. Also has a fuel pump that is good for E85. And of corse you need your ECU programmed for it. I'm no expert but that's what I thought he did. Could be alot more to it.

When I switched to E85 in either the 2G Talong or the Evo I was driving (same engine), I had an upgraded fuel pump (just a Wally 255) and decent fuel lines. Then obviously it was tuned for E85. It was a really simple process and was still allowed me to run normal pump if I was in an area without E85. 

i have a walbro 255 in tank and a bosch 044 in line, 1000cc injectors, fuel lines are -8an to and -6an return good for 800whp.... i was told -6an was good enough for 550whp but dont wanna test it out and all fuel lines are teflon.... i just need to know if i have to coat the stock tank or just leave it alone and itll be fine...if you could ask ur friend what he did about his tank situation. im maxed out on pump gas we have out here and want more power and water/meth is a pain so far.... we only have 91 out here.

Was any of the tanks u used from 1972 or older by chance???

Unfortunately no, '89 was the earliest. The issues with e85 and gas tanks is that if the tanks are exposed to the e85 its possible they could rust due to ethanols hydrophilic nature, though these days ethanol is pretty good about not attracting water. If youre worried about the condition of your tank, a good coating of POR-15 should do you right.