Saving a '74 B210 from the grave

Ranbat

Here it is, my first project Datsun. I literally pulled it from an earthen grave. The last time it appears to have been driven was 1987 according to the registration I found in the glove box. I paid $100 for the car. To get it home I put new tires all around for $200. So far, I'm not too much out of pocket. I have stripped the carpet and seats out. The seats were rotten and smelly so I'll be looking for new front seats at least. The headliner is in good shape, although dirty. Hope it cleans up.

file-49.jpg

file-51.jpg

file-54.jpg

file-55.jpg

file-63.jpg

file-64.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

file-65.jpg

file-66.jpg

Big hole under the drivers seat.

file-67.jpg

Passenger side, under the back seat.

file-68.jpg

Drivers side.

file-69.jpg

Again, drivers side.

file-70.jpg

The dash is in pretty fair shape.

The first thing I'm going to want after the holes are patched is carpet. From poking around on here, Stock Interiors is the budget minded choice? I've read that some say skip the mass backing, but do most of you order the plush cut or ultra-plush cut? Thanks to anyone that responds or offers other alternatives.

Wasn't able to secure a welder, so I made some steps towards checking the electrical and getting it worked out. The guy I bought it from had no keys for the car. Thanks to poking around here, I found out a locksmith could get a code off a door lock and make me a key. $9 was a steal when compared to buying all new locks. If I could find them. I bought a battery for $90 to start working the electrical out.

file-72.jpg

After some new cables, $30, and fixing a couple wires, I got headlights, wipers, starter bump and dash lights.

file-73.jpg

The high and low beams work too. For a first timer like me, this is huge stuff. I've rebuilt and restored cars before, but never one that had sat as long as this one.I'll probably check a few things tomorrow and see if I can get a few other items working. The little victories keep me excited and keep me interested. Here's to hoping they keep coming :thumbup: