my '73 240z from CO

darrel

They have dual color and tricolor textured PC. Some use colors like that to hide rust pitted metal like on a frame. I liked the grey. I didn't want black or anything that would stand out, it's under the car and really won't be the focus. Grey is a little subdued and cleans up nice.

The only mod I have made was the finned cover bracket. The rest is all just bolt on and plug and play and general maintenance stuff. So easy a caveman can do it. ;-)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have dual color and tricolor textured PC. Some use colors like that to hide rust pitted metal like on a frame. I liked the grey. I didn't want black or anything that would stand out, it's under the car and really won't be the focus. Grey is a little subdued and cleans up nice.

The only mod I have made was the finned cover bracket. The rest is all just bolt on and plug and play and general maintenance stuff. So easy a caveman can do it. ;-)

I had no idea they had those options for PC ! ( I need to look more lol .. and I will after typing this ! )

I don't like the idea of using that to hide rust on a truck/car frame,,, yes ! the grey on your z suspension is a tasteful compromise :cool:

The finned cover bracket is pretty cool though.

HAHA !! If it's so easy a caveman can do it ... then I must be a cross eyed cave-boy .. :lol: ;)

Alright I'll stop :poop:-ing on your thread , and look for the next update when it comes.. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Received the marker light conversion from Dave Irwin for the car to turn the front marker light into a turn signal as well as to keep it a marker light. 

I made the holes on the body of the marker lights so the screws wouldn't ground the body of the light to the car body. I also made sure the body of the light wasn't grounded to the body before and after widening the holes. Both times I tested I didn't see any continuity. But I still couldn't get the plugs to work. I would hear the flasher go off but noting to the turn signals at either corner, front or back. I tried the emergency flashers and they aren't working either. I went back to stock and the turn signals work, the E flashers still don't.

I am sure I didn't test it correctly or maybe the emergency flasher might be bad. I am sure it worked before. But it still doesn't make sense why I heard the flasher go off but no  power to the lights using the switch.

plug

markerlightconversionplug_zpsaaca4994.jp

installed

markerlightconversionpluginstalled_zps3c

hmmm that's curious.

That's neat safety feature  ... as cars/trucks/suv's get bigger our z's get smaller :-/

Hope you get it sorted out !

My Hazard flasher switch got all mucked up in my blue 240z. (really badly..)

I'd like to be able to help , but have less than zero experience with this conversion .. :-/

Email Dave for insight ?

yeah, I'll email Dave. Like all his other upgrades it's plug and play, just need to be a little more careful not to have the body of the SM to ground. I checked with a multimeter and had no grounding issues. But I widened the marker body anyway just as a precaution.