Problems in my 77 620

CameronT

I have a 1977 620 p/u and need a little help. :( my headlights will come on and come off I am singling the issue out slowly, I took the light switch out of the dash, and am trying to put it back into the dash, here's the problem, I can't get it to pull in and out to turn the lights off, it won't move in or out only rotate, is there a certain way that it goes in or did I fuck it up?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 1977 620 p/u and need a little help. :( my headlights will come on and come off I am singling the issue out slowly, I took the light switch out of the dash, and am trying to put it back into the dash, here's the problem, I can't get it to pull in and out to turn the lights off, it won't move in or out only rotate, is there a certain way that it goes in or did I fuck it up?

Not following what the problem is with your headlights. Your headlights should come on and off but only with the switch... are you saying they shut off with out the switch???

You say you took the switch out.

So are you replacing it, or is this the same one going back in?

If the same one, did you take it apart?

I just went thru some similar stuff with my wiring and getting the headlights to work.  Couldn't find the issue so I removed the column cover to check the main switch,  Thought I was lucky to find a solder joint had failed.  Got it resoldered and the issue grew worse. ACK!

Gave up and ordered new switch, even though kinda pricey.  But  it solved all the problems. Yea

O'reilly.   Part # 13-2033 Turn Signal Switch

If you can find it on the website then it exists 'somewhere'.  Call your local store and they will find it,  and it ships store to store, you pick it up 2-3 days later.  No shipping charges.  You should also be able to find it on Rock Auto.