So, how does a guy decide?

I am leaning toward the B210. The 240Z sold already and the roadsters are realiy more project than I want. If I ever wanna get into a Z car, 280s are pretty common in my area. Thanks for the input. I'll post pics of the B210 after I go look on Saturday.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A 240z weighs about 2200-2500lbs depending on the year so your saying a B210 weighs 1400-1500lbs? Why aren't more people picking these up over Z cars then?

260z & 280z since road regulations more safety equipment had to be added the 280z weighed in about 2700-2800 but also depends on the year I've seen people have a much lighter 280z without taking much out.

B210 are lightweight but not that much lighter with a KA24 or a SR20 they can be pretty fast handling wise not better than the Z it all comes down to what the OP likes and what his goals are.

You're right I forgot the 240z was much lighter than the later models, I was thinking about the later Zs. A stock B210 is stated to be around 2000 although most are probably closer to 1900-1800, some of the race ones are down to 1600lbs. Depends a lot on the bumpers and which year B210 actually, each of the early bumpers is around 70lbs each, later bumpers are much lighter, the Non-US ones are 7lbs. The B110 was around 1600lb and I've seen several down in the 1400-1500lb range, with the sedan being lighter than the coupe. I believe the 210 was somewhere around 1700-1800 according to someone who had one weighed. Once again the 210 is really the best of the cars here, lighter than the B210 and with a better rear end setup. Just not so good for Cali where they are all smog cars.

The Zs are definitely better stock for handling, however most of the 510 front end stuff fits the B210. So there is alot of room for improvement.