A series carby help needed: questions/options

Dat Meister

I was wondering if its worth getting the 32/36 Downdraft Weber carby ($550ish) Like will the power increase be very noticeable on my A12?
Or should i just attempt to save for sidedraft DCOE's, or something similar.

And if anyone's got some other, cheaper sidedraft carby options let me know, feel free to give your opinion. :-)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my 32/36 for my 620 from webercarbsdirect.com

The weber was exactly what I needed but the instructions for installation are not exact. You should be able to get instructions for your install in PDF form from the website though. So far I haven't had any problems with my weber, and since it is brand new, I don't see any problems in the near fututre.

I hear redline also offer webers and they have better instructions/support, but I have never dealt with them. My entire weber conversion cost me $280 including shipping and again, it was a brand new unit.

Shit, that is cheap! :o

But is it worth it? Do you have any first hand knowledge on them?

yep..had them 32/36 on about 45 cars.  I tend to like the manual chokes better, not sure why but I do see that the auto/electric one are cheaper, not sure why. Like I said check out their website, call them and ask them about applications for your engine:  http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/Carburetor_Conversion_Kits_s/25.htm?gclid=CL6-mYPHrbYCFSHZQgod3goARw

maybe they re-jet them for your A12 engines...jets maybe smaller cuz you can get jet kist for them.  Simple set-up, maintenance and once you dial them in you hardly mess with them 2 screws to adjust...good luck.  Not sure why you quoted $550, maybe Aussie price?  Good luck mate..

The 32/36 is a little big for the A series motors. Especially a stock one.

On my A15, the 32/36 barely made a difference at all, after porting the head a bit and a few other small goodies. 

Is there a smaller/better option?

Also, i'm planning on getting an A15 soon so i'd change the 32/36 onto that once i've got it. To my knowledge it should fit perfectly fine between the two?

The 32/36 is a little big for the A series motors. Especially a stock one.

On my A15, the 32/36 barely made a difference at all, after porting the head a bit and a few other small goodies. 

the 32/36 is not really a performance type of carb.  It's more of a direct replacement.  You can feel the performance on 38 though..but then again you 38 is not really meant for stock engine. 

the 32/36 is not really a performance type of carb.  It's more of a direct replacement.  You can feel the performance on 38 though..but then again you 38 is not really meant for stock engine. 

True true, i guess its cheap and what not.

Any side drafts that are any good for Performance x Price

first I would call weberdirect or go on their website and find out how much they are and type of sidedraft you need and how much so that you can get an idea. Then I would hunt for used ones on this site or other sites.  New ones are pricey, you would also need to get a new intake.  But before I do this, I would do a foundation check to see if my engine is up to snuff, meaning I would do a compression check. No sense spending a lot of money if the engine is tiredd..get it. :thumbup: