WTB Datsun 510 68-73 . 2DR ONLY .

Willing to buy a Datsun 510 , 68-73 which must be a 2 dr. Budget is 2.5k, dad had to sell his 510 back in the 90s so we are 

trying to get another 510, but our budget is really tight D: . If anyone can really help us, it will be great! Thanks, and California is preferred.. but will talk to my pops about shipping.

Thanks once again!

-Coco

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hope you don't take this personally but you'll have a hard time finding a runner for 2.5K.  Maybe around $5K, have you been on Craigslist, this site, other Datsun sites to see what they are going for?  Also consider what it will cost to fix it up and get it on the road.  There's  complete engine set-up L20b with Mikunis for $800 but here in the Bay Area..you may have to put things together.  Good luck with the hunt.

Yeah, and no , im not offended  :thumbup:  . I was just hoping if this forum can really help my hunt. Yeah, I have grinded craigslist to the extreme, but whenever i find a 510, it seems to be above our budget cut D: . And yup, 5k looks fairly decent for what the 510s go for nowadays, but im hoping someone knows where there is like a beat 510 for cheap, or just a fairly cheap 510. Ive seen people in here have some wicked barn finds and they show a pic of their garage and its like 4 510s, and im here with just a g20. lol i love my p10, but really hoping to find a 510. And the whole engine build, me and my dad, along with my older bro, are looking into the sr20det. My bros p10 has a sr20det, w10, off of an avenir, and plus, my dad works where they sell japanese engines and transmissions, straight imported from japan, so he gets front clips and really healthy engines, so the engine is kind of taken care of  B) . Thanks for the advice tho!

you may have to drive farther than LA area..main thing is not too much rust. Even it the beater comes with an engine do a compression check you may get lucky and find one that is still okay or at least you know where you are at with the car.

Don't get too impatient, don't be too picky (like some noobs here)and stay with the plan as much as you can. You may not get the right color or tranny, it may have dents or missing this or that.

Read as much as you can, get some books and try to get a good foundation about these cars.  Remember these cars are like 60's technology but the good thing is you don't have to smog and you can install any engine you want.  If its a daily driver, I would recommend the old hitachi carb or 32/36 weber.  It's not worth buying header or installing stainless steel exhaust and too big.  No more than 2" with a Magnaflow muffler.  Before you go to junkyard, go on their website and see what they have. If you do decide with finance permitting and get the Sr motor, do the same with comp. check.  Don't accumulate tons of stuff, just because....really plan this out and ask tons of questions.  Good luck in your journey and if I missed out on anything..fellow Ratsuners help this guy out.  Seems like he's being real about his dream.

Yeah, thanks once again peeps, yeah, I'm still a noob to this community and I can say a noob to the 510, but my dad has been informing me daily about his 510 and 

how it was when he had it, his tlc he did to it, etc. So from him Im learning more about the car, but we are really trying to find one so we can restore my dads dream, and mine of just owning and driving a 510; hopefully owning one for myself as well. And yes, we really don't care the condition, as long as there's not so much rust, and it must be a 2dr haha. My dad wants to recreate his Mikuni carb 510, and that pearl white color he had back in the 80s to the 90s. Hopefully I can post some pics of how it looked, but thanks once again fellow Ratsuners. Hopefully, I get massive help and find a 510, thanks once again. 

Yeah, thanks, i talked to my dad about the car but he has yet to see it. Hopefully he will be convinced to buy it and fix it up. I saw this post too, but thanks for the help guys! Hopefully more aid comes with the barn finds and close friend finds. Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.