Im looking for 1979 Datsun 210 Grill assembly (and hood?)

Hi, I have a 1980 Datsun 210 and I'm thinking about swapping my square headlights and converting it into a roundheadlight model. I already have access to 1979 fenders, but need the grill and perhaps a 1979 hood. Does anyone know if I would need a 1979 hood or would the 1980 one work with the 79 grill? Also, would I need the 1979 bumper, because I have access to that too?

I'm in Portland, OR.

A big thank you for any input!

Mark

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You will need the hood as it has a different shape than the '80-'82.

1979 hood

79hood_zps03d118c0.jpg

1981 hood

81hood_zps4b273e5c.jpg

You can see the cut of the hood is different on the '79 around the headlights. It also has different lines on the top of the hood than the '81. There may be a build thread in here where someone has done it. Someone asked the same question some time ago. Read through this and see if it helps.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/26617-210-front-end-swap/

• Like 1

Thanks everybody! I see how the hood extends out... I could re-shape the 80 hood.

Hey, colourbox, I would have the headlights, but I'm missing the driver side frame and lens cover.

If I don't do this mod, I'll be looking to buy the driver side myself!

Cool. I'm getting the grill mailed to me. Thanks for the tip djlotus!

I'll be posting photos of this mod up soon.

So I have the 79 hood vent, fenders and the grills coming.

So I need a 79 hood or I'll have to re-shape my 80.

Does anyone know if I need the 79 bumper?

Oh ok. Well if you end up doing it I'm still interested in the headlights.

I might also have other 80 parts after the mod.

-Headlights (one is almost brand new)

-grill

-fenders (drivers side damaged)

-bumper (?)

-hood (?)

-hood vent (a little rusty)

Guest 510kamikazifreak

There is a guy who wants to sell some 79 210 stuff, Grill included

This is what he emailed me

I parted out a 79  Datsun 210 wagon, still have drivers fender, grille, tail lights, and a few interior pieces. Fender is in very good shape, no rust, and grille is perfect.

Prices are cheap if interested I could get the stuff.(not making anything,at cost plus gas and of course shipping)

• Like 1

There's also a 1974 grill that i saw for $50 bucks which would look super sweet with 1979 fenders. Does any one know

The measurements of a 210 74 grill? Would it fit, with some slight mod?

Oh shoot, I also need round light pans, right?

There's also a 1974 grill that i saw for $50 bucks which would look super sweet with 1979 fenders. Does any one know

The measurements of a 210 74 grill? Would it fit, with some slight mod?

Oh shoot, I also need round light pans, right?

I just heard the 74 grill my have sold.

There is a guy who wants to sell some 79 210 stuff, Grill included

This is what he emailed me

I parted out a 79 Datsun 210 wagon, still have drivers fender, grille, tail lights, and a few interior pieces. Fender is in very good shape, no rust, and grille is perfect.

Prices are cheap if interested I could get the stuff.(not making anything,at cost plus gas and of course shipping)

Does he have the round light pans? If he does I'd buy them along with the grill!!!

Stanley got an interior makeover. I've had him for nearly 24 years now and I was finally able to get new upholstery and little by little finding plastic parts to replace the ones that were cracked or broken. 8 months in the making but he's looking good now. And you'd be surprised what Nissan still has new.

Stanley got an interior makeover. I've had him for nearly 24 years now and I was finally able to get new upholstery and little by little finding plastic parts to replace the ones that were cracked or broken. 8 months in the making but he's looking good now. And you'd be surprised what Nissan still has new.

Yeah, my 80 only has 76,000 original miles.

Where do you get your new Nissan parts?

Some parts from Nissan directly and a couple of things from oem-surplus.com. 76k miles! That's amazing. Someone's selling a '78 B210 out here with 57k miles I think it was. I believe the listing is gone now. I was thinking about it but I've got no place to put another car. I did have Stanley painted again and the rims and wheel caps are junkyard finds. I made the 1/4 panel emblems cause you can't get those anywhere anymore unless someone just happens to have a set which is pretty miraculous. I actually found one a few weeks back that was tucked in between the windshield and back dash of a 210. Perfectly intact with the 4 posts to push into the fender. I'm thinking about making a mold of it. Just need to get around to it. Some of the stuff I got from Nissan was the dome light, fuel sending unit (I got the last one), temp sensor, oil sensor, glove box (but no door), window cranks (but ended up getting metal ones from a yard off a 720 and a 210), hood latch cable, trunk weatherstripping, passenger side door weatherstripping (last one), auto shift knob (the 720 works with the 210) even got a hood rod clip and some rubber bumpers for the gas door. I also got early model Sentra door hinge pins and bushings which work on the 210. The pins need to be modified a bit but work and the bushings are brass instead of plastic like the 210 has. You can also get stuff on ebay from Thailand. I got new taillights, new metal window cranks (the 720 works with the 210) and door weatherstripping (aftermarket but was good). I believe I've also seen the round headlight pans you're looking for on ebay. There's some boob on there trying to sell the square headlight frames for $80 a piece. Freaking clown. They'll never sell.

• Like 1

Some parts from Nissan directly and a couple of things from oem-surplus.com. You can also get stuff on ebay from Thailand. I got new taillightsl.

I was looking at those taillights... They look good for being reproduced. I have a small chip off the top of my passenger side taillight, but don't know if I can justify paying for two when I only need the one side. You don't have your old one? I guess I could buy it and maybe try and sell the driver side.

Thanks again for all the great tips!

I was looking at those taillights... They look good for being reproduced. I have a small chip off the top of my passenger side taillight, but don't know if I can justify paying for two when I only need the one side. You don't have your old one? I guess I could buy it and maybe try and sell the driver side.

Thanks again for all the great tips!

I have my old taillights but I'm hanging on to them just in case. I'm not sure if those are repros from Thailand. If they are they're pretty good. Only thing about them was the plug is backward so had to switch it around but otherwise fit and work nicely. Mine were fine but one of the sockets needed to be replaced. I was told a 90s Sentra socket would work but then I came up on those and went for it. Love them! The gaskets also come with them so that was extra nice.

I have my old taillights but I'm hanging on to them just in case. I'm not sure if those are repros from Thailand. If they are they're pretty good. Only thing about them was the plug is backward so had to switch it around but otherwise fit and work nicely. Mine were fine but one of the sockets needed to be replaced. I was told a 90s Sentra socket would work but then I came up on those and went for it. Love them! The gaskets also come with them so that was extra nice.

Well, I might get them since I know they work. $114, it's funny shipping is almost as much as the lights!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.