Help have no idea what to do

Raceguy20

Hi I have a 1979 Datsun 620 standard cab with a weber 32/36 that lately has been having some issues it may sound kind of weird but I'm not blowing smoke so it started about 3 months ago about 3 weeks after I got the truck I had installed a stereo and a tach and than I got in It one afternoon and started it and I noticed the seat belt Beeper kept beeping and wouldn't shut of even when seat belt was plugged in so I reached under the dash and found the plug unplugged it and it stopped but started running different and then the tach was freaking out like just floating around so I plugged it back in and the tach started working and it started running better so than I unplugged it again same thing soo than I left it in unplugged unhooked the tach rehooked it Back up and it worked so that was the end of that right that's what I thought until about 3 days ago when It did it again and idk what to do and now it won't go over 60 unless I plug the beeper back in than it runs fine and there is also a relay at the same time under the hood that just squalls when the key is on and the automatic choke won't kick off now ethier when ever the relays squalling

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Automatic choke heater relay makes that noise when there is a charging problem with the alternator. Not saying the alt. is bad... could be a loose wire, loose alt. belt, lose plug., dirty battery posts. Choke heater relay not working, choke heater doesn't work, choke doesn't come OFF

Was the tach a factory or after market one?

Try using periods and commas so people can actually read and understand what your typing. I tried to read that nonsense and quit...

Please punctuate. Clear communication saves so much time and effort. Avoids mistakes too.