Lighted Headlamp/Wiper Switches from 620 to 510

Boaty

Quite a while back somebody sent me a link to somebodies write-up they did on installing Datsun 620 switches in a 510 (the light up ones).
With some googling I can find info on how to install them in a 620, but was wondering if anybody had any write up's handy that could shed some light on this for me.

I have a set of switches from a parts truck, and I want to put them in Emma. I have given up the hunt for an affordable set of 510 lighted switches ('73) so I figure if I have these, they can't be that difficult to adapt. They all do basically the same thing, maybe with a different pinout and different plug. (Easy to get around).

Anybody here ever done this? Next stop will be the old Bluebirds members, I believe that is where the info originally came from. This was years ago, after all.

Also... fan switch mods to use as a map light? Does the stock fan switch have two different positions, or does the second position (Fan: HIGH) keep the LOW setting on at the same time? (Example... put switch on high, I could have two sets of lights on at the same time) Or does it kill power to the low setting while on the high setting? I can't find Paolo's wiring diagram anywhere, I'll be mad if I lost it. :(

Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this same modification I want to do for my 510.  I found a set of 620 truck switches but the connectors are different.  The wiper and light switch seem to have the same amount of positions.  I have thought about just swapping the wires and board from the 510 switch to the 620 switch.  I have not had time to do this but I speculate it could work.  See picture below for how i want to separate the switch parts.

62A8CABC-F70D-487A-B8FC-6B742C125AEB-376

42AAE3C6-B7F2-49A3-B26D-B2A7BE8534D6-376

Bump for interest!

Really hoping to dig up some info on these!
I cannot imagine these things being THAT much different from 510 units aside from the pinout and different connectors (which should be easily changed over, I would assume).

Maybe somebody has pictures of the factory lighted 510 switches as well?

• Like 1