removing fenders

i have removed fenders on other cars but i am curious to my 620. is there seam sealer? i hope not as its the suck. i need to pull the drivers fender to pound out that corner of my core support so things fit properly again. and so i can have a straight fender again. and no i didn't wreck it. someone else did before i bought it.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From memory...Take the grill off.... remove the 10mm bolt that joins the chrome bumper to the fender side below the marker light, there's a couple down front that joins the fender to the valence by the parking light, 4 or 5 along the inner fender length, just under the hood edge and a few that join it in a half circle around the headlight.. you have to reach in behind the marker light with a socket and extension to get in there. Last is one or two down below the front of the door and just underneath and a single one at the top that can be got at by opening the door .

Guest DatsuNoob
i have removed fenders on other cars but i am curious to my 620. is there seam sealer? i hope not as its the suck. i need to pull the drivers fender to pound out that corner of my core support so things fit properly again. and so i can have a straight fender again. and no i didn't wreck it. someone else did before i bought it.

No seam sealer. I was happy to see that. There are these rubber strips that run the length of the flange though. Mine were cracked to shit, so I'm thinking of replacing them with some kind of substitute, maybe a bike inner tube or something dumb like that. The only other thing I noticed is there is some kind of seam sealer that runs vertically the length of the firewall, on the edge. You'll see what I'm referring to when you take 'em off. I used a waterproofing mastic tape, which is a similar material when I used to build steel buildings. Looks like bubble gum on a roll backed in paper. I'll probably pick up some, it's cheap. I plan on leaving them off until I get my front suspension sorted out. I like the accessibility with 'em off.

cool. sounds like an easy job. might do it tomorrow i have the buimpers off and the valance since i was working on replaceing them and got burnt out on working on the truck since i have no cooling system that works. soon though i might have that issue solved and just want it to look decent when i get it on the road.