FS '83 280zx 5-speed transmission in Asheville NC

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I am in the Asheville area and I just bought a 79 810 Wagon with an auto. I'd love to put the 5 speed in my car, but I'm trying to find someone that has done this kind of thing before. So...

1. Do you have the pedal assembly from the ZX available?

2. If you don't have the pedal assembly, do you know somewhere local that might?

3. Do you know anyone local that knows their Datsuns that could do this swap?

Doubtful the zx peddles will work. Best to get them from another 810 that has everything. It will also have the clutch master, hard line, slave and clutch/pressure plate and the flywheel, shifter, dust boots and probably a console for it. Look around for an 810 being scrapped.

Doubtful the zx peddles will work. Best to get them from another 810 that has everything. It will also have the clutch master, hard line, slave and clutch/pressure plate and the flywheel, shifter, dust boots and probably a console for it. Look around for an 810 being scrapped.

Yes, of course finding a manual 810 parts cars or just the parts themselves are ideal, but as rare as they are on the west coast, they are absolutely extinct on the east. Z cars however grow on trees. 620 and 720 pickups are also very common so if somehow any parts from any of those models would work it might be my only option. I'm going to try to drive her to the Z car show in Wilson, NC the first weekend of April and hopefully there will be some parts or someone there that knows where tog et them.

While on the subject of swapping a manual into one of these goons, since the automatic is so common in them, is there a thread about it anywhere detailing the process?

Ask your questions in the 810 talk section not on this dudes for sale post or any similar post/thread for the matter

Yes, best to go to the Other Datsuns and Nissans. 10 seconds on our search function and I have a start for your research... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/44973-810-and-620-trans-swap/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.