Help with Part Names please

ramrod

I am buying some parts for my 78 620 KC

I found most but some I can't seem to find.  Any help appreciated

One is what I would call the fresh air intake or cold air intake hose.....the one that goes from the air filter housing to the grill.

The second is the hose that sends hot air from the exhaust manifold back into the air filter housing - I would call it the hot-air intake hose.

Can't find either of them.

Also My choke doesn't seem to operate correctly and I want to replace - is the "choke pull off" what I am looking for?

Thanks all!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first hose is the aircleaner intake hose. The second one is actually called a chimmney. It vents warm air from the exhaust manifold to the intake. Try a wrecking yard. Chimmneys and intake hoses are common on a lot of cars. If your 78 has a stock carb it should have an electric choke. Check the wiring

When dead cold, take the top off the air filter and watch while you pump the gas. The  choke plate should be open/part open and close with a snap. About 8 min after starting and running it should be open fully, not part way but open.

Inside the choke heater is an electric heater that warms the choke coil and it unwinds and opens the choke.

If not working, check for voltage on the heater wire (blue) but, ONLY WHEN MOTOR RUNNING.