L20b Hitachi Carburetor stumbling/no power

Lowandslow

Yeah Doug I did that once and never again. Had to cut a spanner down to get under there and then shorten a screwdriver and narrow it so it would go up inside. Holding the caps while trying to turn them the start the threads was gawd awful.

Okay so I finished up and it ran beautifully!! I got the level of gas in the glass right on the dot. It was a quarter of the way up before thank you guys for all your help!!

You must be a genius to be able to follow those directions. lol

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

im having somewhat of the same problem. i willl start from the beginning.  one morning on the way to work , which i had to call in late.  my stock  l16 would just stutter and turn off when when i would try to accelarate. i found out the choke coil was no longer in place. not knowing anything about carbs, i was helpless.  from the heavens  came  a stranger, a random datsun 510 enthusiast  named TONY, later telling me he use to race 510s in his high school days. anyways so after putting it back and some adjustments to the carb,  the 510 was running good again. it was brought to my attention that i needed a new carb gasket. after changing it, and putting the carb back on in the comfort of my own home. which i thought would be nothing difficult and smooth transition turned out to be the complete opposite.  with just the carb on, my car wont stay on in idle. this hissing noise comes out from the carb when i accelarate , and also seconds before it turns off.   it only stay on if i have it connected with the air filter but  it stumbles. when i disconnect the hoses it turns off once again . any input on this situation would be greatful. 

• 1 month later...