Weber Vendor Question.

So guys, picking up a 32/36 for the truck, was wondering where you guys bought your webers from? I am going with the WK663 kit (weber DGEV) and I am thinking of picking it up at webercarbsdirect.com

Anyone used this vendor before? Just want to know if there are any horror stories out there from dealing with them. They offer free shipping for the kit so its 259.95 total. The only other vendor I can think of is redline and I can't get a price from them online.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my through eBay from John's Foreign Engines in LaCenter, WA. They shipped promptly, the kit was complete and I've been pretty happy. Mine was 259.99 but then I had to pay sales tax on top of that since I live in Washington.

I rarely buy anything that goes under the hood from ebay. Not that ebay dealers are any better or worse, but it seems like a lot of people get screwed when it comes to engine parts. Bought a skunk2 manifold a long time ago, it came cracked, took them 2 months to send me a replacement...

I know not all dealers are the same but it is hard to tell the good ones from the fakes now days.

Edit: And I promptly riced my ex's Kia with the Skunk2 decals... Ah them teenage years :P

I rarely buy anything that goes under the hood from ebay. Not that ebay dealers are any better or worse, but it seems like a lot of people get screwed when it comes to engine parts. Bought a skunk2 manifold a long time ago, it came cracked, took them 2 months to send me a replacement...

I know not all dealers are the same but it is hard to tell the good ones from the fakes now days.

I guess I figure it's no different than buying from another online retailer - you still end up sending your money to someone you really don't know in the end. John's has good feedback on eBay and I know that I have recourse if something goes wrong. But I do buy and sell a lot of stuff on eBay.

I havent personally, but I knew a lot of people that have. 

Found a few reviews. Looks like I'll be giving webercarbsdirect.com some more business. Going to call tomorrow just to make sure that their WK663 is a rebadged K660 then I'll place my order. I'll update this post when I get the answer.

Thanks for the input guys.

Last update, weber came in, it was packed really well. Had everything you need for the install. The only issue was the instructions for installing the carb are completely wrong for this kit. If you look at the adapters and bolts you can figure it out (thats what I did).

I would recommend webercarbsdirect.com for anyone else doing this conversion. Just pay attention to what you are doing.

As far as the adapters:

The bottom adapter is the only one that matches the four holes in your manifold. Remove your old studs. You DO NOT use the studs with this adapter.

Place the gasket that matches your manifold down. Put on the bottom adapter and bolt down with the cone shaped alan key bolts.

Place the gasket that has one hole on each side, not the one with holes on each corner. Attach the second adapter using the alan head bolts.

Place the carb gasket and put the studs in the remaining holes.

It would probably be best to use locktite on all of the bolts and the studs. I also suggest getting a ratcheting open ended 1/2 wrench. It makes life so much easier. Also, for someone who feels really froggy, removing the intake manifold and attaching the weber while the manifold is off would probably be a lot easier. You will find that the two nuts used to attach the weber on the vavle cover side can be a real pain in the ass, esp the rear one. 

Good luck and have fun.