My slow sr20det build thread :)

choleaoum

I'm on my iPad right now so ill get on my desktop and put up pictures tommarow after class. :)

It started off as an idea in my head because I have too many projects. So I window shopped Craigslist and so and behold I found a Datsun for a really great price. I even once posted a want to buy and some asshat pretty much laughed and said ill never find a 2 door for less than 5k lol. Then he goes on to say he would want 10k for his 521, long story short bought my 2 door for a very good price.

The previous owner was very cool, he gave me a running ka24de and tranny with the car. And he threw in a free trailer!

First thing when I got home was pull out the l18, and seriously took us 30 minutes lol. My original plan was to go KA-T then my good friend just gets out deployment and says he's getting out the car scene! He has a rebuilt sr20dert with little to no miles because he was in Iraq or Okinawa, I don't remember lol.

So I picked that up, and met his cousin who is a machinist! And he has every machine imaginable, he was able to mig weld and flip my crossmember for me for a few beers.

The engine was stripped down and painted with the battery tray deleted.

7805955894_41d41bf07b_z.jpg

Finally got the sr20 in and I wanted to slap myself in the face because I could have easily put the engine from under the car since the crossmember was already out!! It was a pain trying to work in the tight space.

Modified the transmission crossmember, it was very easy but now I need to reinforce it cus it feels a big flimsy.

And it also turns out I didn't cut the transmission hole large enough!

I picked up a wrx seat for dirt cheap but they were to bulky for me, so I traded it for a sprarco seat and harness. I want to reupholster it soon.

I just finally got some more money flowing in and picked up a tail lights, surge tank, walbaro 255, hydrualic ebrake, top mount manifold, and icehouse's can/am box!

Next on my list are,
Wildwood calipers for the rear
280zx struts and brakes
Hi-lo fuel pump
Brake and fuel lines
Exhaust
Down pipe and charge pipes

Any helpful advice on getting in the heater core lines in? I don't want to bypass it just in case I get cold.
Any detailed pictures on how to modify the gas tank for the surge tank? I remember I could just weld a fitting to make it my new return on the filler neck.

I also a have a LSD I need identified and help removing, it's stuck in the casing and the output shafts are already out!

Pictures will be up in the morning.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you using Photobucket? If you want to post pics from your ipad this is how I do it: I use an iPhone exclusively and I only visit the full site of Ratsun, not the mobile one so I'm not sure how to navigate that. I have the photobucket app. After you have safari opened and the forum page pulled up, close it and go into your photobucket app. Tap my albums. (this is after you have uploaded pics to your photobucket) Select the picture you want to post and in the bottom left corner there is a letter "i" inside a circle. Tap that then tap the bottom of the four image options. It should be the link. When you tap that it will automatically "copy". Open safari back up and tap twice in the reply box at the bottom of the page. Then you should have the option to "paste". Tap that and the link will appear. When you tap "post" the picture will appear. Works for me every time. If you move a pic in photobucket however, it will break the link and you will have to do it all again. I have read about problems with the updated version of P/B but it doesn't seem to affect this process at all. Sorry for being longwinded. Just trying to be thorough. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, sorry for the late updates but I finally got the downpipe and intercooler almost finished. Special thanks to Ernie Fixmer @ EF Madness.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ernie-Fixmer-Madness-Fabrication-and-Welding/490342691015354?group_id=0

You can see the progress on there for now, I will finish uploading better pics soon. Sorry for the slow updates.

Here's an update from there march album.

734553_490348987681391_2016709953_n.jpg

Got a small intercooler, going to have to push the grill back forward but at least I won't have to cut my valence.