Wheel offset on my 720? How wide can I go?

JoeCool

Answer may be somewhere here, but I searched offset, fitment, wheels, etc. and found ZIP. :confused:

I have a question about wheel offsets. I want to get some 17" or 16" aftermarket wheels soon. I don't know whether to get a 7, 8, or 9" width, most wheels I look at have 0 offset. I want to run a 225 or 245 width tire. It looks like the stock 14" steel wheels are tucked under like a delivery van, so I have lots of room? I DO NOT WANT TO DO THE RICER TIRE STRETCH TO MAKE THEM FIT UNDER THE TRUCK!

Edit: Forgot to mention, the truck is lowered  3" in front, and 4" in the rear. I need the tires to tuck, because I will be bagging it one day. I can beat out and roll the fenders if I have to.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol at the ricer part... you do know that its not just ricers who stretch tires, right?

Anyway, why dont you remove your rim and measure the wheel well. You can find out for sure how wide of a lip you can run, how tall of a tire, and how much back spacing you can run. Takes nothing more than a straight edge and a ruler. 

i imagine that 620s and 720s are still pretty similar in that department. im on 16x8s (0 offset) all around. 215/40s up front (soon to be 225/45s) and 245/45s in the rear.

i have room to spare both in the front and rear. i could probably run 235s up front, but to run 245s id have to use a mallet to make it work. also im lowered 3" all around

• 1 month later...

I am running Isuzu Rodeo/Honda Passport 16x7.5 concaved-spokes with cirle/teardrop-opening wheels with 205/45R16 tires on my 720. I too had a 3/4 drop. It barely sticks out past the fenders, but with the 4" rear drop it will need the fenders rolled slightly to keep rubbing at a minimum.

I will check what offset they are in while, don't remember. But they are a direct fit.

Link for the wheels I am using.

http://www.originalwheels.com/isuzu-wheels/images/isuzu-rodeo-rims-64222-b.jpg