620 wont stay running?

Riverside_Aaron

Hey guys, I just recently bought a 1973 620 from my buddy Brian last Sunday. But a week or two ago it randomly started running terrible. It has a brand new weber 32/36 and ran amazing when first installed. Now it will run for a few seconds and then cough and try and die if you don't pump the throttle to get the rmp back up. Now once I have gotten it back to running and revved up it will only stay this way for about 2 seconds then cough and try to die again. To me it sounds like it is not getting enough fuel and when I pedal it to keep it running it is just getting enough fuel through the accelerator pump to revive it and bring it back. I don't really want to aimlessly take things apart or replace things without an idea of where to start. I really love driving this thing and want to go back to driving it to work! B)

Thanks guys!!

I have heard a lot about these forums so I figure this is the best place to post this. :thumbup:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it was running great so we know that it was properly set up. Something has happened.

Did you also instal a new fuel filter? Probably too late now and some dirt (or water) has gotten in and partially blocked the main jet. Webers are simple, take the top off and everything is right there without removing the carb.