1971 Datsun 521 pickup-Project

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When this trucked popped up for sale, I sent Wesselus a PM, saying to PM me if it did not sell.

Long story short, it is still for sale, but at my house now.

I took a few more pictures of it, they will get posted later tonight.

It has a signed and dated title, ready for you to take to DMV.

I will probably start doing some work on it, after I get Ratsun on the road.  The more work I do on it the more the price will got up.

I want $1000.00 for it.

The blue n black ratsun? 521? And you own the project now?

When this trucked popped up for sale, I sent Wesselus a PM, saying to PM me if it did not sell.

Long story short, it is still for sale, but at my house now.

I took a few more pictures of it, they will get posted later tonight.

It has a signed and dated title, ready for you to take to DMV.

I will probably start doing some work on it, after I get Ratsun on the road. The more work I do on it the more the price will got up.

I want $1000.00 for it.

More pictures, some words from me.

Typical engine bay, with a Weber carb.  Has dual point distributor.  Has aftermarket voltage regulator.  Wiring looks a little sketchy around fusebox, and battery has terminals that bolt on clamp to the cables.  No hold down.  Battery is dated 11/12.

P1020657_zps2c810953.jpg

Engine is a L-18.  It has a A87 cylinder head.

P1020670_zpse10f1a71.jpg

Typical front view.  There is some damage on the front lower core rail, and on the apron.

P1020658_zpsbd70aef5.jpg

Left front has some damage, and is missing side marker light.

P1020659_zps16efba14.jpg

Right front looks pretty good.

P1020660_zps90411772.jpg

Outside of door looks good.  it is missing a good part of the window run channel.  The door panel is missing, but the upholstery is there, but probably not useable.

P1020661_zpse6d95761.jpg

The right bed side.  

P1020662_zps6bdc5166.jpg

The back of the truck, and taillgate.  The tailgate has rust in the inside of the stamped steel rails.

P1020663_zpsf9befaed.jpg

The left bed side.

P1020664_zpsc44b46ac.jpg

Left door.  Has some rust bubbles near bottom edge.  Is missing window crank.  Glass run channel is not all there.

P1020665_zps588b9d25.jpg

Closer view of door rust.

P1020666_zpse820f454.jpg

Interior shot.  I have not pulled up the floor mats yet, but I did briefly looked under them.  There is rust, but I do not know if the floor is needing replacement.  The seat needs work.  The interior of the truck smells of cigarette smoke.  The dash pad has several cracks.   the steering wheel had duct tape wrapped around part of the spokes.  The horn push bar looks to be not normal.  Pushing the horn bar did NOT honk the horn.

P1020667_zps46eadac1.jpg

Retractable seat belts, not in stock location.  There is also a bolt through the cab just below the rear glass, for a shoulder belt.

P1020668_zpsebf868c6.jpg

The engine cranks, but is uneven.  I did not try to start it.  The headlights work.  The brake lights work   No dash lights, or idiot lights.  No tail or side marker lights work.  I do not know about the reverse lights.

The hydraulic brakes seem to work.  The hand brake need adjustment, or the rear shoes need adjustment. probably both.

In my world, this is RATSUN.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/30606-my-ratsun-datsun-521/

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.